Employment Litigation | Employment Counseling
Candice Johnson joined Seyferth Blumenthal & Harris in 2021. She focuses her practice on labor and employment counseling and defense litigation and has significant experience in discrimination issues. Having previously handled plaintiff’s work, she brings a unique perspective to her work at the firm and with a deep understanding of the approach and tactics of opposing counsel in litigation.
In addition, Candice is a 2018 graduate of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association’s Leadership Academy.
After completing her undergraduate studies at Oral Roberts University, Candice spent three years as a teacher in Texas public schools before coming to Kansas City to attend law school. She earned her Juris Doctor from the UMKC School of Law in 2016, graduating with honors.
While in law school, Candice served as the Lead Literary Editor of UMKC Law Review and won awards for Legal Writing and Employment Discrimination. She focused on civil rights and education through volunteer work at the Missouri Commission on Human Rights and interning at the U.S. Department of Education: Office for Civil Rights.
Outside of her legal work, Candice enjoys cooking, doing yoga and Zumba, watching true crime and sports documentaries, and volunteering at her church and civic organizations.
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2019, 2020)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- KCMBA Leadership Academy of 2018
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee Member
- Young Adults Committee Member
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Black Female Attorneys Network
- Advisory Board Member of Care to Learn for the Scoula Vita Nuova Chapter
- Member of the Kansas City Chapter of the NAACP
- Volunteer for the Kansas City Chapter of Care Portal
- Volunteer Attorney for KCMBAF Military Matters Program
- Volunteer Attorney for the National Legal Network for Gender Equity
- UMKC School of Law, J.D. (2016)
- Oral Roberts University, B.A. (2010)