Employment Litigation | Human Resources Counseling and Policy Development | Affirmative Action Compliance and Audits | Business and Insurance Litigation
Deena has represented employers in all facets of employment litigation and employment law counseling. She assists clients with affirmative action issues and Department of Labor audits and investigations, and has extensive experience in policy development and training management and non-management personnel in all areas of employment law. Deena also represents companies in business and insurance litigation.
Deena has been named a Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyer six times, in 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
Publications and Presentations
- Co-speaker, “Practical Legal Guidelines for Contracting with the Federal Government”
- L2 Federal Resources, LLC Webinar, January 2012; Speaker, “Legal Update,” American Public Transportation Association’s Risk Management Conference, June 2011
- “Affirmative Action Requirements Come to Hospitals: Are You in Compliance?” Journal of Health Care Compliance, January 2011
- “Employee Eligibility for FMLA Leave: When Do Twelve Months Mean Twelve Months, and Other Mysterious Issues,” Society for Human Resource Management White Paper, 2003.
- Duke University, J.D., 1989
- High Honors
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 1986
- Cum laude with high honors