Employment Litigation | Civil Litigation
Danny concentrates his practice in employment law and general civil litigation, at the trial and appellate level. Danny’s experience covers a wide range of subject areas including: employment discrimination and retaliation lawsuits; enforcement of covenants not to compete; drafting of employee handbook and other agreements; and complex business disputes, including those involving trade secrets, contracts, fiduciary duties, and insurance litigation. Danny also counsels employers on compliance with state and federal statutes.
Danny has been named a “Rising Star” by both Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers and Texas Super Lawyers. Prior to joining Seyferth Blumenthal & Harris, Danny practiced for eight years in Austin, Texas.
Danny has been active in serving the community, including through the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce – Centurions Leadership Program (Class of 2019), Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art – Art Leaders (Class of 2017), Mid-America Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce – Barnes Leadership Series (Class of 2017), Leadership Austin (Essential Class of 2015), Equality Texas – Board of Directors (2013-2016).
Publications and Presentations
- NLRB restores employer’s right to restrict use of email, BenefitsPRO (February 2020)
- Smart strategies: Are LGBT employees protected from discrimination?, Thinking Bigger Business, Vol. 28, Issue 2 (February 2019)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of Greater Kansas City
- The Texas Bar
- Austin LGBT Bar Association,
- President, 2013-2014; Director, 2012-2015
- Austin Bar Association, Director, 2014-2015
- Austin Law Firm Diversity Report Card Committee, 2013-2015
- Austin Bar/Austin Young Lawyers Association Leadership Academy, 2012-2013
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2007
- Stanford University, B.A., Political Science, 2001