Employment Litigation | Commercial Litigation
Nick’s practice focuses on commercial litigation and counseling in all stages of litigation, with an emphasis on insurance-related issues, representing insurers in various coverage-related cases.
During law school, Nick served as Comments Editor for the Washburn Law Journal, working closely with junior writers throughout the publication process. Additionally, Nick conducted extensive research on mandatory sentences for criminal defendants in connection with a comment he authored for the Journal, for which he received the John F. Kuether Memorial Faculty Award for Best Comment.
Nick gained valuable experience as a law clerk in a Topeka law firm primarily representing workers compensation and personal injury claimants. Nick assisted in legal research, trial preparation, and appellate briefing.
Prior to joining Seyferth Blumenthal & Harris, Nick served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Lisa White Hardwick, Judge for the Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District. Nick is licensed to practice in Missouri and Kansas.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Publications and Presentations
- May 2020: Viewpoint: Insurance Denials, Proposed Legislation Raise Concerns, Insurance Journal
- May 2020: Denials Create Concerns for Both Insurers, Insured, Ingram’s magazine
- October 2019: Idea Exchange: Missouri Court Rulings Conflict with Insurer Right to Intervene Protections, Insurance Journal
- May 2019: Missouri Statute Update Shields Insurers from Certain Bad Faith Litigation, Insurance Journal
- October 2018: Personal Injury Insurance Actions in Missouri and a New Definition of ‘Reasonable Value,’ Insurance Journal
- Comment, Let the Punishment Fit the Crime (Unless It’s a Sex Crime): A Critique of the Kansas Supreme Court’s Rubber Stamp of Approval upon Mandatory Lifetime Post-release Supervision for Sex Offenders [State v. Mossman, 281 P.3d 153 (Kan. 2012)], 52 WASHBURN L.J. 649 (Summer 2013).
- Washburn University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Kansas, BGS, Sociology